Wednesday, June 15

If Someone

says mom will you or mom can you one more time today I think I may go into nuclear meltdown. Some days I feel like all I do is do. do the laundry, do the dishes, do take kids to vbs, do walk the dog,do,do ,do.
Then my dh who has been sitting on his dairyair all day says to me what's for dinner. HUH? Did I hear him right? No he said honey let me take you to dinner since you worked so hard today. Again dh says hun what's for dinner? Now dh is out with friends for two hours and would like to eat dinner when he gets home. Imagine that! And now as I sit here and type child #2 asks What's for dinner? How hard would it have been for dh to throw the chicken and sauce in the crock pot? Not real hard but did he do it, nope instead here comes kid #3, mom can you make some dinner. I feel melt down fast approaching as I end here to go cook dinner.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

That sounds so familiar, but for the past few weeks I'VE COME HOME TO DINNER BEING MADE!!! It's awesome! Last night I got tenderloin. Yum!

What did you do Bean?

8:20 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

30 min, 1 pot meals are my favorite....

~ QoA

12:56 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

The kids heated up some microwave chicken stuff and Dh got a ham sandwich. Maybe he will figure it out and I will get a home cooked meal soon....nope not gonna happen.

2:23 PM  
Blogger melinama said...

They'll grow up before you know it.

Michele sent me!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

When the kids are older, they will be able to articulate how much it meant to have a mom who cared enought to make sure they had dinner. Until then, it is mostly a thankless job. I think we all have days like this. Good luck.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home