Sunday, June 19

Happy Father's Day

I really don't have a father to speak of. I had something better, I had the world greatest granddaddy! My grandfather was one of those people that everyone who knew him loved him. In June of 1992 my granddaddy lost his battle with cancer. All my life my grandfather had promised me if I did all the work to graduate high school he would be with me to celebrate me being the first woman in my family to graduate from high school. He was so sick and so brave because he did just that he hung on until his 1st grandchild graduated high school. I graduated on the 2nd and my granddaddy went home on the 4th. So my post today is about the bravest most wonderful man I have ever known. 10 things I miss about my granddaddy...
1. The way he smells.
2. The way he would encourage me to try.
3. His ability to make my grandmother smile.
4. His half smirk half smile.
5. His laugh.
6. His hand on my shoulder.
7. His twisted sense of humor(much like mine...;).)
8. The kind words he always had for everyone.
9. Being able to get and give hugs.
10. The advice that I had become so accustomed to getting.

I hope that everyone realize how special their father's and grandfather's are and gives them a call today or better yet go see them!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY GRANDADDY!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Here today from Michele's.

Sounds like a pretty cool guy. Happy Grandfather's Day memories to you.

8:05 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I really do wish I could call mine and see them and give them a hug. But they are long gone. Hope you have a happy day!

Michele sent me.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Beanhead... sending you some (((Hugs))). Your granddad sounds very special! :)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Star said...

Great Memories! Thanks for visiting my blog.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he sounds like he was a wonderful man! You were/are very lucky.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.. yes forgot.. I'm here via Michele, She says hi!
Ivy

10:10 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I teared up reading that. What a great man to have in your life:-)

Michele sent me! This is my first time here. I think I will look around a little!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home