Thursday, August 4

~~Saying Good-Bye~~

Is the hardest part of losing someone you love. Today I had to say good-bye to my grandmother for the last time. I don't think that the full impact of her death has hit me yet but I know that today was awful. I miss her like crazy and there is nothing I can do about it. My family has gotten closer since all this started, and I am speaking to a cousin I have not spoken to in over 3 years. The service was very moving. The reverend that spoke is the reverend who has been with our family for over 40 years. He has walked side by side wih my grandmother through the many events that made up her life. He is 91 years old and blind and he did the service from his heart and memories. It was very nice to know that she had him all these years through all her trials and tribulations as well as her joys and triumphs. Thank you to everyone for all your kind words and for the many prayers.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((Hugs)))))) Beanhead.... looks like your grandma did one of her most important jobs right before she left. :)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

(((((HUGS))))) I'm so sorry B, I wish I could sit and have a cup of coffee with you, and try to comfort, as you did with me when my grandpa died.

I know she was so special to you.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry for your loss. please accept my condolences for you and your family.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. (Hugs)

7:10 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

I'm so sorry. More (((HUGS))) from me too.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}} to you. I went thru the same thing 2 years ago...and I still miss her every day.

Michele sent me.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

I'm sorry about your loss. It's hard at any age.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

I'm late to this post, but wanted to send my condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss.

12:07 AM  
Blogger guppyman said...

Sorry for your loss... Consider yourself hugged from this end too.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

It seems intrusive to make a 'first comment' against this post, but still - love and prayers to you and your family. I am glad the Reverend's participation meant so much to you and that someone so obviously frail felt your gran was that special - a real compliment. Bittersweet.
Hope you are holding up; (((hugs))) if you'll have them from a new visitor, and thanks for dropping by.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home