Tuesday, July 5

Swim Lessons

My kids all started swim lessons today. They had to go with dad because I had to work this morning.

He says to me "Was I supposed to leave them by their selves?"

I say " Not that I know of why?"

Him: "Most people dropped their kids off at the gate and left."

Me: "Even the little guys?" By little I mean 4yo.

Him: "Yes, I was not leaving our kids by themselves at the pool,especially kid 3 who is 4."

Me: " I don't blame you I would have stayed also."

Am I crazy or is it okay to just drop your 4 yo off at the pool doors and leave? Some people did not even bother to get out of their cars to sign their kids in. Maybe I am paranoid because of the media and stuff but the less my kids are away from me the better I feel.

Would you have dropped your 4 yo off at the gate? Am I crazy?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck no... you are not crazy! That is way too young to be dropped off and left for swimming lessons. WTG to your Hubby for staying!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope! I would stay with them, he did the right thing.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Denise B. said...

I would ABSOLUTELY stay with my kids at swimming lessons!!! First because they in a place where they could potentially drown, and second because you don't know what type of crazies are watching to see which kids have adults with them and which don't.

Thanks for visiting! Please come back again. Sorry it wasn't updated when you visited, but I've been traveling!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i stay for everything, swimming lessons, hockey games, soccer practices and my kids are aged 10, 13 and 20! (the 20 year old now drives herself) if you don't have time to sit there for 30 minutes to an hour, you should bother signing them up.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

No Way!! That is just crazy to me. I don't think it is being paranoid staying with a 4 year old. Paranoid might be staying with a 14 or 15 year old. Dropping off a 4 year old is just nuts!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I would never drop my 4 yr old off anywhere and leave her! You are not crazy.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

You are not crazy. In fact there are some pools that won't let you leave the kids by themselves until they are 12 at the bare minimum.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Man, I'd feel a little weird about leaving my 10 and 12 year olds there.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home