Monday, July 11

Family

I have spent the past couple days with my grandmother just talking and getting to know each other again. Taking long walks down memory lane. I had lost track of how important she is to me. You know families go through stuff and some survive and others don't. Mine is one of those that is leaning towards the don't. I made myself and her a promise that even if the rest of this family fall to pieces we will never let our relationship fall apart. I am just glad that I have been given the time to make these changes and to make the most of the time that we have left together. Life is way to short to not get along. I have had a lot of internal struggle this week and have come to the conclusion that I am just going to start over with a clean slate and build the relationship that I have let fall apart over the years.

Not really sure where I was headed with this post just typing the thoughts as they zing through my head. Anyways thanks for reading and thanks for the prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy S said...

That is awesome ..Life IS to short to not stay close to those you love .I am glad that you and your grandmother got to know each other again ..That is awesome and I will be sending a prayer up for you :)

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes when you put something on paper, it seems to help, it's a release. and i agree, you can never give up on family, it's worth putting effort into a relationship for any member

5:50 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

(((((Big hugs to you Beanhead)))))

p.s. Did you see the links on Mimi's blogroll? Alison's got a blog too.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home