Monday, September 5

Hairbows

I am in the wrong business. I need to learn how to make hairbows. Being the good mother that I am when my youngest daughter says I would like some hairbows I hit ebay! I figure where else am I going to find hairbows that are made out of ruler ribbon? Oops sold out of those but boy mom those Halloween ones are super cute. I can take a hint and the bidding begins. I am willing to pay a fair amount for the bows or am I??? I bid $5.00 bucks and was the high bidder until today. These bows are up to $10.51 and don't even close for 2+ hours. I am including a picture of the bows and making a public apology to my daughters because I am not paying that much for the bows. I did however make a trip to the craft store tonight to buy ribbon. I got some really cute fall ribbon. I am going to attempt to make my girls bows myself. I will keep you posted on that progress. Oh one more thing if anyone has some really good instructions on making hairbows could you please send them my way.

15 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Those are cute. I wish I had a creative streak for that sort of thing, but I never had.

Here via Michele to wish you a happy evening.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, Michele sent me!

I would not pay that for hairbows. Ya know, ebay USED to be where you could get a good deal. Not anymore. I just go there to find stuff I can't get around here!

Really enjoyed your blog!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Lish said...

Hi, Michele sent me! Sorry I don't have any advice for hairbow making.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm sure you can figure out how to make some. $10 is highway robbery!

9:45 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I am a florist, and I make bows all the time. Try to use wired ribbon; it is easier to handle and when the bows get mashed, you can easily fluff them up again. Maybe if you googled bow making you could get some instructions. Good luck.....Michele sent me.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.yourgifthouse.com/creativity/makehairbows.htm

Michele sent me... Hope the link helps!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Sorry, I can only make hairballs. Cough, cough.

Here today from Michele's.

9:50 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me.

They do look cute but not for over $10. They can't be that hard to make.

10:05 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

$10 for a hairbow? That's insane. Keep us posted on your efforts to make them - I'm sure yours will be cuter and much more cost-effective :)

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am convinced that the reason I had two boys was because I missed the crafty gene...there is no way in this world that I could ever make bows...good luck!

8:50 PM  
Blogger guppyman said...

Hmmmmm.... I never had a reason to learn how to make them... even when my hair was long, I just wasn't a hairbow type of guy....

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

First, if only I could get my daughter to wear hairbows, then my world would be perfect.

Second, I'd never pay $10.51 for hairbows!!!! LOL!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wouldn't pay that much for a bow, you can either google on line or i'd even go to a craft shop, they'll show you how to make them, they are much easier than you think. the more you make, the easier they get.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought hairbow instructions off ebay.... let me see if I can find them and I'll email them to you. BTW, I *would* pay that much for a hairbow! LOL But I know how to make Halloween korkers.... want one of those?!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Cathy that would be awesome! Instructions should make this process easier. How do you make corkers?

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home