Thursday, September 1

Mommy Meltdown

I am on the verge of mommy meltdown. I am usually pretty stable and usually don't let things ruffle my feathers. Today that is just not the case. I am on the verge of busting a blood vessel in my head. I think that I need a vacation. My kids talk and I just stare at them like they are talking to me in some other language. My friend called and I sent her to voicemail because to tell you the truth the only time she ever calls is when she needs someone to dump on. I have just had it. My mom is acting like a 2 year old because the mother she has not had the time of day for in the last 10 years left her nothing in her will(as a matter of fact she left everything to one person and they are not sharing). I feel like I am doing everything. I work, go to school, PTA, not to mention anything that needs to be done in my house is my job. I think my kids and husband should have to spend a week or so without me and then maybe they will see what it is like to do everything I do. Now I feel bad because I have become the friend who calls when she needs to dump on someone, problem is I just dumped on the entire www.

I promise this will pass and my normal posts will return... oh hell who am I trying to kid my posts were never normal.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just looked to see if i could find your e-mail but i couldn't see one. i dropped by oldest at university yesterday and there was a problem and not a good problem, i wound up having to leave and not on good terms. i told my husband what happened and he feels the same as i do, frustrated and disappointed in her behavior. i was contemplating blogging about what happened, to see what kind of feedback i would get about it, but i've decided against it, i'm trying to put it behind me. and guess what, when i got home after having my problem with her, a bird shit on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yesterday i was feeling completely overwhelmed, i called one of my gf's and dumped on her, dumped on my husband and now i'm feeling better. if you want to dump on anyone, feel free to e-mail me
jem2312@rogers.com
i'm having a much better day today, so i'm here for you if you need someone just to listen, guess i'm one day ahead of you.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Okay at least I have not had any birds shit on me today!! That is when I would have just gone to bed and called it a day...:)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I think I could've written this post myself. I have what I call my "annual temper tantrum" - once a year when I go through a "my life sucks, everyone takes me for granted" phase. I always daydream about leaving for a week or two to make people appreciate what I do...
ahhh....the trials of the working mom...

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((((hugs))))))) Beanhead....

9:23 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

We all have times in our lives when things are overwhelming. The good thing is that "this too shall pass." Hang in there--sorry you are having a rough time!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love ya Beanhead! And go ahead, dump on the www whenever you need to. I think I might just do that too.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope the meltdown's over. But hey- blogs are THERE for the meltdowns/dumping. :)

Here from Michele's.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you. I often feel like I take care of everyone. It feels especially unfair when I do things for people who I think have far less responsibility than I do. What's wrong with this picture?

4:43 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Being a mom isn't easy, it's a difficult role with a lot of tightrope walking and it sounds like you have had quite the day(s) lately.

It also sounds like your mom wasn't totally comfortable with her role as daughter so that's probably in the back of your mind at times--and no help either. I hope your Mom gets over being left out of the will--but it might not be easy.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home