Saturday, September 3

We Can Help




I know that for the first couple days after Katrina struck I felt complete helplessness. I was lost as to what to do and then through the eyes of children I figured it out. The kids at the school where my girls go to school started a fundraiser to be donated to the American Red Cross. In less than 6 hours they had collected well over $100 in $1 dollar bills. These kids gave up lunch and snack money to help others. So I decided to do the same on my blog this weekend. Simply click the we can help link above and donate to the Red Cross to help those people in the aftermath of Katrina. I know that gas prices are soaring and that it is taking it's toll on all of us, but consider packing your lunch this week and donating the money you would have spent on lunch this week.

6 Comments:

Blogger carmilevy said...

Wow, what a fantastic idea. Congratulations for sharing it with others: this will be ideal in my kids' school as well.

Dropped in from Michele's this morning.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are There Any Text Messaging Services for Hurricane Katrina Victims?
We received a note earlier today from Flash Insider blogger Mike Schleifstein, who is from the New ... (9/3/2005) Live from the internet, its your best of Weblogs, Inc.
Interesting ….. I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
vonage the broadband phone service company

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm, i think you've been spammed, you might want to turn on that word verification thing.

and yeah, that is a great idea. my kids start back next week, i'm sure their schools will be fundraising as well.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michele sent me.
Thanks for the push to donate. I have now.

7:08 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

I love the local efforts that we're seeing here as well. Each day there have been everything from preschool lemonade stands to high school sports team car washes, even before the start of school. Thanks for posting this - hopefully word will spread to more schools. We've donated, but I wish there were more we could do.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Great idea. I love how many people are coming up with things that are manageable for them--even if they are unable to give lots of money.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home