Saturday, February 25

New Job and stuff

I think I may be changing jobs. I have an offer to go to work in a doctors office. This job would be steady pay and steady work but little flexibility. My job now is not so steady but has lots of flexibility. The job at the doctors office also offers many chances to see early obstetrical ultrasounds. I have been working there on the weekends for a couple weeks now and have seen 10 or more ultrasounds. Which is priceless for me. I feel bad that I have to quit working for my mom but I have to do what is best for my family and myself.

I went yesterday to get weighed. I had only lost one pound this week. Since I had been around them so much this week they think that I am not eating enough. So I am supposed to keep a food log for three days to make sure I am getting enough calories.

My girls have FCAT next week. For people not in Florida this is Florida's test to make sure our kids are actually learning something in school. My oldest daughter has taken it for the past 2 years so it is no biggie to her. She scores well above her grade level. My youngest daughter is a bit nervous because this is her first year taking it. I know she will do well. I just wish they did not put so much pressure on these kids to score well. The overall school score is how funding is decided for the schools. Just a bit more pressure than I think these kids deserve.

6 Comments:

Blogger -tnchick- said...

Best of wishes with the job decisions... you are correct- you gotta do what's best for you & yours... :)

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have something here similiar in our education system, but it's not every grade, they do every three years and release the findings the next year. it's a government thing, i don't really know what they are trying to track, it's only been in place for a few years now.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Our funding is based on #'s of kids....

8:06 AM  
Blogger Uisce said...

I suppose the tets are well intentioned but then you're going to have teachers just preparing for tests instead of really teaching the kids. That's what I worry about.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Mitey Mite said...

Good luck with the job thingy!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

So glad we don't have to deal with the FCAT. I don't think it tells them anything except that they forced X info into a kid's head. It doesn't mean they learned anything. Hope the girls do well.

Good luck with the job decision. I think the one at the doc office would work out well when you consider what you are going to school for & the regular pay.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home