Friday, September 9

Criminal Background Check

I am taking a class at macdill Air Force Base this semester and needed to supply them with a criminal background check. I get the packet in the mail, complete it, and mail it in. The waiting begins...The longer I wait the more nervous I get. Funny thing is I know that I have never done anything wrong. I was thinking I must be some weirdo to be worried about this and then I had this conversation with my friend...

Her: Did your finger prints ever come back?
Me: Not yet
Her: Are you worried?
Me: I laugh
Her: When I had to send away for mine I was nervous as heck they would come back with something. I had never done anything wrong and even had security clearance with the military.
Me: thank God so I am not the only weirdo in the world.

So what about you have you ever had to have a background check? Were you worried? BTW mine came back with no criminal background!

9 Comments:

Blogger Debra@Peaceabull said...

I had to get one for my securities license and for employment. It came back clean, but I was sweating it. It's like having a cop behind you while driving. You take extra care to abide by all traffic laws even though you were doing that already.

Michele sent me, btw.

8:59 PM  
Blogger JustLinda said...

I'm here from Michele's too.

Nope, never a background check that I was aware of (though sometimes employers do the basic ones for felony convictions and all that). I'm a good girl. :)

10:12 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me!

No criminal background checks that I recall. I've only worked in science reseach with a 3 year stint as a programmer a few years back and neither area is known for doing background checks.

I'm sure you'll clear. Of course if they mistake you for the Evil Pedro, scourge of the South you might be in for trouble...

10:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Here via Michele tonight. I had to do that for a job in the medical field. I stressed out even though I knew I hadn't done anything wrong!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Isn't it funny how you worry like that for no reason? I always did that with drug screens too. I guess from watching that Seinfelt episode where Elaine keeps failing because of eating poppyseed muffins. HA!

Thanks for visiting my blog tonight!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I actually have 2 fingerprint cards in the mess that is my desk right this minute. They are required to transfer my nursing license to Texas. I have had background checks and drug screens for all my nursing jobs, but never had to give fingerprints before. It is a weird feeling. Thanks for reminding me I need to figure out who I can get to print me.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in ontario you need to have background checks if you volunteer for any children's groups, girl guides, hockey coaches, stuff like that, and yes, i've had a police check done, they have to be done every two years

3:03 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I've never had a criminal check, but since I've had as clean an existence as one can imagine, I'm not sure such a check would find anything.

My wife's a teacher, and she's been "scanned". Thankfully, it came back empty as well. Whew (yeah, like she was worried!)

Fun stuff!

Popped in from Michele's tonight.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous background check said...

Background check is really important in getting the detailed information’s. It is a reliable record of an individual that can be use for legal purposes. There are firm that offer this kind of services.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home