Wednesday, October 12

Another Sad Day

MANATEE NEWS BRIEFS

Parrish woman killed in crash on I-75


MANATEE COUNTY -- A 25-year-old Parrish woman was killed in a four-vehicle crash Tuesday morning on Interstate 75, north of Palmetto, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

The victim, Angela J. Justiniano, who had lived in Parrish for about three years, was driving north on Interstate 75 about 6:15 a.m. when her Pontiac was struck from behind by a Ford truck, authorities said.

Justiniano, whose parents live near Jacksonville, aspired to be a librarian. She was driving to work at a library in Tampa, her father said.

The driver of the truck, Bradenton resident Jorge L. Ruano, 42, saw that Justiniano's car was traveling slower than the truck. Ruano's truck swerved to the left, troopers said, but it still struck Justiniano's car, which spun out of control.

Her car struck another car and then was hit by a fourth vehicle. Charges are pending against Ruano, authorities said in a report.


Angela was an intern at my childrens school, she was training to become a librian. Both of my girls had formed fast friendships with her in the short time she was with us this year. She was a wonderful person with a heart of gold and a smile that could melt a wall of ice. I now have the difficult task of helping my children through the grief of losing another person this year. I am praying for strength and the right words to give them.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just like you have to teach your children to respect others, to have manners, etc., you also have to teach them how to grieve and what it means. i never had to go through this with my kids, but i would suggest you check out some books on the subject, that should at least get you started in the right direction.
my sympathies to you at this time, it's never easy to lose someone close to you, it's even harder when their life is cut short.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Sorry. I pray for your children.

4:23 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

It aches my heart to think that as mothers we not only must teach our children about how to live life, but also how to deal with the end of the life of one they loved.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Angela.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad that children have to deal with that kind of grief so young. Wishing you the strength and the right words. You'll do fine because it will come from the heart and that's what really matters.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

How did they take it? That's just so sad. I'm so sorry. :-(

9:08 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Many good thoughts headed your way. so sorry for your loss.

5:05 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I know that you'll expertly guide your children through this awful time.

I can't help but feel anger that the irresponsibility of others can so cruelly snatch life away from those who are so virtuous. I fear this very same thing every time I take to the road.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

AJ was/is my best friend. I am sorry for what your children are going through. Please let them know that she loved working with them as much as they loved being around her.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home