Saturday, November 26

Sick Kiddos

My kids have been sick since Wednesday. Just a cold until this morning when my oldest woke up really sick. She has Asthma and it is not something we play with. So we give her a treatment. I had go to work after calling the doc. Doc calls back and tells hubby if she gets any worse take her to after hours pediatrics. So I come home from work and take her over there. By the time we got her there her peak flow was only 150. Normally it is 350 or so. So they gave her the biggest breathing treatment I have ever seen and some steroids and told us to do treatments ever four hours. If it falls that low again go to the ER. I am hoping the meds take affect and we spend the night at home and not the ER. She is all hyper now from the meds and will probably be up all night but at least we will be at home. Oh well off to give her a treatment.

10 Comments:

Blogger carmilevy said...

I wish your daughter - and you, by association - a quick return to normal. Or at least whatever normal one can have when one has asthma. My wife has it, so we know of what you speak.

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got asthma and only once have i ever had to go to the hospital for treatment. it's a terrible feeling, you feel like no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to get even a breathe. take care of your little one, it must be very scary for her as well to have gone through this.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Best wishes to you both. Healing thoughts headed your way.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh gosh! Poor thing. :-( Is she feeling better?

10:02 AM  
Blogger Uisce said...

uggh, I hope everyone feels better soon!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

This upper resp thing going around is kicking my lungs around too. I hope she feels better soon!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Wow, hope you guys are better by now. I don't have kids but I can only imagine the agony of dealing with sick children knowing you can't help.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all your kiddos are feeling better soon! And that you don't get sick!

11:00 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better. I'm sending healing vibes your way too.

1:51 AM  
Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

I hope that the kids get better and everything goes back to normal. I like the look and the colors. Very neat.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home