Tuesday, November 15

My New Love


I am taking an art appreciation class this semester. Last weekend we went on a field trip to the local art museum to see a Georgia O'Keefe exhibit. Great stuff! I actually got to see a Pablo Picasso in person. I know to some people no big deal but it was amazing to me. But the thing that I found the most amazing was an artist named Hans Hoffman. I love his work. They only had one at the show this weekend but it was beautiful. I could have sat and looked at it for hours. I am including two other works I have found in recent days that I like also. The first one is called The Garden and the second one is called Fantasia. What do you all think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Mitey Mite said...

Normally I'm an impressionist fan, and anything more abstract than Paul Klee loses me. But I liked the colors in these. I clicked away and came back a couple of times and saw something different every time. If I could see them in person, you might have a convert.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

The thing about these is you have to see them in person because he sometimes uses thick almost chunks of paint in places. I love his stuff. Just wish I could afford to own one...:)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I love the colours.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've only been to the art gallery here a few times, but when i go, it's amazing to just stand in front of a painting and look at each brush stroke, there's something about it that a photo can't capture.

2:46 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

Hans Hoffman is amazing. These are wonderful paintings to gaze at in the fall! And oh if we could all afford one of these... (sigh)

11:46 PM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Ahh, wonderful. I love expanding my view and these paintings take me to new places. Thanks for sharing.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home