Friday, November 18

Posed a Question

Tonight while watching TV my Hubby asked me why I don't go to school to be a paramedic. I was like because I am working hard to get into the Ultrasound program. I know that ultrasound is what I want to do. But then I got to thinking how exciting would it be to be a paramedic. I mean you get to see and do so much. You basically cross all fields. Now I think that I may submit my application to both the Ultrasound and Paramedic programs in Feb. My counselor told me to not put all my eggs in one basket and apply to more than one program. What do you all think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

If you feel led that way go for it! You would run across all fields as a paramedic and if you think you can handle not knowing what you are up against with each call then I would say you should give it a go. My brain couldn't handle it and I don't do so well with blood and guts. My very prim and proper friend who likes everything just so, is a triage nurse and she loves it. The bloodier the better. She says it's like a high! So there's my many cents worth......

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think as long as it's something you actually could see yourself doing, then, yes, apply. i don't know if either program is hard to get into, so if you leave yourself a couple of options, it's all the better, with any luck, you'll get into both and get to choose which way you want to go.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not submit to both now? It's not like you have to decide this very moment. If you don't do it, you may regret it. You have absolutely nothing to lose by going for both or am I missing something?
Peace...........

7:36 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Hey Beanie... long time - no read. Sorry, lots going on. Anyway, I am sort of in that industry only on the equipment part of it. You know, ambulances and the like. But I know a lot of EMT's and ParaMedics and I will say this, the ones who are succesful LOVE THEIR JOBS, and they have to, what with all the human suffering. But you should do what makes you happy. And if it means struggles at first, so be it. What makes us happy usually doesn't come easy.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home