Friday, January 27

looking forward to the weekend



I am looking forward to this weekend. The kiddos and I are going to the annual Gasparilla parade this weekend. They have decided that this year there will be no beer sales and are only going to allow mixed drinks.... Okay am I the only one thinking WTF??? No beer so lets give them something stronger. Who knows what the Tampa city council was thinking when they came up with that one. I do know that we have been going to the same spot for the past couple years and this year we may try something different. Not sure yet what we are doing. Here is a the official site for the YMKG. Go take a look and let me know what you think. Have a great day I am off to work.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not a beer drinker, so i would be ok with that.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

Wow, it looks like you guys are going to have great weekend!!! We're going to Vegas for my daughter's cheer competition.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

OMYGOSH!! I love Gasparilla!! I went last year and got really carried away. I remember waking up in my ex-wife's (fully clothed!!) apartment with a big, huge, purple bruise on my ass. Don't know how I got it or how I got to the ex's place.
Did I mention the 2 day hangover?

12:00 AM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

How cool! I agree, though, about that drinking thing. How bizarre?? Sounds like it has something to do with sponsorship...it's always about money.

Here via michele.

I like your endless cliffhanger idea, but it's just too early in the morning for me to be that creative!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

We lived in St. Petersburg for more than a decade but never made it to Gasparilla. Our loss I think. But yes, that "drinking" decision sure seems senseless. Unless the mixed drinks will be more expensive *and* weak? No, probably not.

Here via Michele's--

9:31 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm figuring the mixed drinks are more expensive and perceived as more upscale. So the potential for bottom-dwelling, beer-swilling hooligans will be reduced.

Nothing like pricing 'em out of the market.

Sigh...government works in strange ways.

9:12 PM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Sounds like fun. I like mixed drinks better myself. In fact, I could use one right now.

Here via Michele's!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home