Wednesday, June 22

Buffet Redneck Style

Tonight Dh and I take child #3 out to dinner because #1 and 2 are spending the night at a friends and at mammaw's houses. Anyway we go to a buffet and I notice that there were these two ladies enjoying the buffet redneck style so I figured everyone in blog world would like to see a list of redneck buffet etiquette...so here goes.

1. Always take your dirty purse and sit it on the counter next to the food and as close a possible to other people's plates.
2. Always take your plate back up to the buffet to get more food. (of course this is after you have licked it!)
3. Always stand at the buffet line and eat food from the buffet while you wait for what you want to come out.
4. Always lean over the next persons plate with your underarm just mere inches from the food they are about to eat.
5. Always make sure you stop at the dessert table and grab enough food(in your bare hands) to last you on the ride home.

Next time you visit a buffet just watch and see I bet people will be enjoying it redneck style.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

and that's why I don't eat at buffets. YUCK!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Oh yes I did. The worst part was Dh and I sat there and watched them for at least 20 mins to see what they would do next. It was like a bad dream or something like it really was not happening.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Oh I bet they would have given the chance..lol
Janie q where are you?!?!?

1:14 PM  
Blogger Twist of Kate said...

See, this is exactly why I can't stomach those buffets! Just can't do it. Hiya, here via Michele's today...

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some nifty person taught my son to stuff his pockets for later. He stopped when his mother (okay.. me) stood there turning beet red and yelling, "That is not only stealing it raises the prices for the sane people that want to go there."

Michele sent me and I loved this post because it's all too true!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEEEWWWWW! Fortunately there are no buffets in NYC that I know of. (well, maybe at lunch at a couple of Indian resturants, but I don't ever go.

My parents live in Florida and they LOVE to eat at what I always refer to as THE FOOD TROUGH! (I won't go there with them anymore for all of the reasons you gave!)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Hi there. Visiting via Michele's M&G.

My dad used to take us to buffets when we were on holidays because it was an economical way to feed 5 people. He's a Brit and has lots of issues around table manners. One place we were at in Spokane, WA, there was a couple sitting next to us and the man kept using a breakfast sausage to shovel scrambled eggs onto his fork. My dad was incredibly appalled and was really loud about it. We were embarrassed, but it was gross to witness.

Nice to meet you!

7:14 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I've been there and seen that, and it is not a pretty sight!

Michele sent me.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Yes, I've seen the same thing. Yuck!

10:17 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

How true it is. And sickening. I can't stand when people actually test the sneeze shield to ensure it can withstand a sneeze. Gaa.

I'll be eating at home now.

Michele sent me (again...sorry for being such a pest today!)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home