Monday, October 17

There goes the neighborhood

Okay so I know I mentioned in a previous post that my mom moved in across the street. Well I have had enough and it has only been a week. Is that wrong of me? Should I want to pack up my house and move? I guess some history is in order here. My mom is a bit of a flake and has not exactly been the best mother in the world to me. Now that she lives across the street from me she thinks that it is okay to just pop in anytime she wants and give me some much unwanted parenting advice.

Oh well on to bigger and better things. I have been hanging out at blog explosion playing battle of the blogs. I have been having a blast. You should drop over there and try it.

5 Comments:

Blogger marlynn said...

Too close for comfort? :) We moved in March and my mom was eyeing a house that was for sale down our street...she only lives 45 minutes away now as it is! I love her, but have nightmares of being neighbors. Maybe your mom's trying to make up for lost parenting time...?

12:13 AM  
Blogger Mitey Mite said...

oh, sorry, I know I would not like that. Hope you can set up some ground rules & she will abide by them.

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does your mom have your link to this page, cuz you might want her to have it so she can read what others have to say if you don't think you're going to be able to tell her. i agree with mitey mite, set some ground rules. i know i hope to live walking distance to my all my kids once they are married with their own children, but i'm thinking more of the grandchildren being able to walk over to visit me.

5:55 AM  
Blogger . said...

I was hooked on blog explosion for a while but haven't been there in a month or so... just decided I didn't really care for all the fly-by traffic without anyone new stopping to actually *read* my blog. oh, and I was getting totally trounced at BOTB!! :/

8:12 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm echoing what others have said. Figure out what your limits are and set them as soon as possible. If hard-to-manage patterns get set up it will be harder. Good luck! I know from past experience how difficult it can be to set limits with a parent.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home