Monday, October 24

No Hurricane, No school, No problem

So we woke up at 6:30 with no power and the thought oh my god it changed tracks and we are getting a direct hit went though my sleepy head. It lasted all of two minutes and the power came back on. I jump on my computer to find that it hit way south of here at 6:30 this morning. I hope that it did not do a lot of damage. I will be so happy when hurricane season is over. The nice thing is the hurricane brought in a cold front a day early. It is nice to walk out and it be cooler outside. Now if it gets much cooler I won't be so happy.

The schools here are closed as a precaution. My kids are all out side enjoying the cool weather. They will have to make up this day sometimes during the rest of the school year. I don't have class tonight either. A much needed break!!

Hey don't forget to go over and visit my renter Melanie. Just look over in the sidebar and click on her site.

11 Comments:

Blogger Beanhead said...

We are in Tampa.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your kids have to make up a day that's lost? at my kids school, they lose days for snow days, and never have to make them up. how much longer does this season last, i thought it was just a fall thing.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you stay safe from Wilma. Great blog by the way.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Mitey Mite said...

So glad you're okay. After moving from Dallas to Houston and boarding up for our 1st hurricane,Guppy commented that he infinitely preferred snow days to hurricane days. Glad your kids got some cool weather to go with theirs.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I would have been worried too if I woke up w/o power. Glad you are safe!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Hey Beanie.
Yaaahhhh!!! Wanda is gone and we are all safe! Glad to hear you have power and no problems.
OK. Now that that's over...

7:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you were alright and had some time off. Youhave to be sick of all that weather!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are OK. I posted about my folks in Florida today. They are OK, but funny as usual. Come on by and check it out.

Haven't been by in a while. Your blog looks GORGEOUS! I need to visit more often.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Tracy S said...

I am so glad to hear that you were spared by Wilma ..I tell you what ...I too will be so glad when hurricane season is over as well .I have had about enough of it this year ..lol

9:03 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Glad you are safe from Wilma. Thanks for having me this week. I like what you have done to the place.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you stayed safe! I don't know how you are managing the stress of this never-ending hurricane season. The dread must be as tough to deal with as the actual weather, I would think!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home